NPPA Legal Advocacy and Education
Mickey H. Osterreicher, General Counsel for the National Press Photographers Association, testifies before the U.S. House Courts, Intellectual Property and the Internet Subcommittee during a hearing on “Judicial Transparency and Ethics.” Photo by John Shinkle, POLITICO
The NPPA is an active advocate for the legal rights of visual journalists. Our work includes issues connected to First Amendment access, drone regulations, unlawful assault on visual journalists and cases that affect the ability to record events and issues of public interest. Our work benefits not only individuals but the public at large.
The National Press Photographers Association is dedicated to the advancement of visual journalism, its creation, practice, training, editing and distribution, in all news media and works to promote its role as a vital public service.
The objects and purposes of the NPPA are to advance visual journalism in all its forms:
- Encourage visual journalists to reflect high standards of quality in their professional performance and their code of ethics. NPPA strives to create, promote and maintain a high spirit of community and a high standard of conduct among its members
- Oppose violations and infringements of the rights of visual journalists or their organizations. It strives to promote a better understanding of visual journalists’ problems.
- Support legislation favorable to, and opposes legislation unfavorable or prejudicial to visual journalists. It shall work to maintain freedom of the press in all its forms and to execute the Constitutional rights of journalists.
- Cooperate with recognized local visual journalism associations consistent with the aims and objectives of NPPA.
- Provide educational opportunities for those involved in all forms of visual journalism.
- Commit to reflecting diversity in all of NPPA’s activities.
Please make a donation by submitting the form below.
Donors who have made contributions to the NPPA Legal Advocacy and Education fund.