Five scholarships valued at $5,000 each will be awarded by
National Press Photographers Foundation in 2012 to qualified candidates.
Applicants are encouraged to respond in detail to each item on the Application Form. These scholarships have been established for those who have worked as a professional still photographer for at least three years and have returned to school to expand their skills in order to change their career path.
These scholarship funds are derived from distributions of reprographic royalties collected overseas for the use of various electronic/mechanical devices to copy copyrighted works. These fees are collected when works are copied abroad in schools, institutions, organizations and corporations.
How to apply for a NPPF — NPPA Career Expansion Scholarship — 2012
To qualify for the Awards:
- You must have at least three years of experience — your work must have been published in a newspaper(s), book(s) and/or magazine(s).
- You must be a resident of the United States.
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student in a U.S. college or university.
- You must complete the Application Form. When finished, send the Application Form to the address on the right edge of the form. If you wish to add additional information, feel free to use separate pages.
- You must select TWO faculty members to fill out the Faculty Recommendation Form. Those forms should be forwarded to the address on the form by each faculty person.
- Include a copy of your Resume with your application.
- You must submit TWO COPIES of your completed entry.
- Deadline : November 16, 2012. Do not confuse this date with other NPPF Scholarships deadlines.
Send your completed Application Forms (not the Faculty Forms) to: C. Thomas Hardin, chairman, and president of NPPF, 1622 Forest Hill Dr., Louisville, Kentucky. 40205
Download Faculty Recommendation Form as a PDF.
Download Application Form as a PDF.
Note: If these forms do not download when you click on the links, right-click on the links and select the appropriate menu choice.